WhenOct 08, 2012 08:10 AM to
Oct 11, 2012 05:30 PM
2nd Mauritanian Mining & Oil and Gas Conference & Exhibition
8 – 11 November 2012
Palais des Congrès, Nouakchott,
Islamic Republic of Mauritania
Under the High Patronage of His Excellency Mr. Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, President, Islamic Republic of Mauritania
“Mauritania: The desert’s undiscovered treasure”
The second Mauritanian Mining & Oil and Gas Conference & Exhibition (MAURITANIDES 2012) will take place in Nouakchott, Mauritania from 8 – 11 November 2012. The event will be organised by the Ministry of Petroleum, Energy and Mines, Mauritania in association with the British event organiser AME Trade Limited.
- The event will feature three days of plenary sessions, technical workshops, exhibitions, as well as visits to Mauritanian mining sites. It will gather international investors, mining and petroleum experts, managers of financial institutions, Mauritanian decision makers, development partners and donors, as well as other key actors and partners in the mining industry.
- MAURITANIDES 2012 will act as a platform to exchange experiences, debate and establish business partnerships and cooperation, which will lead to conclusions and recommendations for an improved development of the country’s sub-soil wealth and its sustainable development.
- MAURITANIDES is an established even and in 2010 was inaugurated by His Excellency Mr. Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, President, Islamic Republic of Mauritania, it featured more than 600 delegates and 50 exhibitors, emanating from over 30 countries including all of the major players in Mauritania’s mining industry
- In his welcome speech, His Excellency Mr. Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, President, Islamic Republic of Mauritania remarked “the constant influx into the country of mining investors was measured by the presence of them today in Nouakchott and demonstrates the actual intense activity in geological prospection which comprises of over 50 mining companies ( of which are included large multinationals) who are operating on 170 mining permits”,
- New for 2012!: MAURITANIDES 2012 will include a promotion for Mauritania’s hugely promising oil and gas sector!!