Mississippi Lime & Chert Drilling & Completions
WhenOct 29, 2013 08:00 AM to
Oct 30, 2013 06:00 PM
The first ever Mississippi Lime & Chert Drilling & Completions Summit is now coming to Oklahoma and has been designed specifically to help drilling and completions executives and managers establish an optimal drilling strategy and frac design by bringing together major operators to compare case studies and well results. The insight delivered in presentation by experts who are actively exploiting the play, will provide unprecedented details on how to lower drilling days, drill through chert and lower completion design costs while increasing production.
In this two day congress over 20 E&P operator speakers will provide case studies highlighting ultimate completion and drilling techniques with an added focus on the geology of the play and how it, in turn, influences completion techniques.
It is the only event designed specifically around the drilling and completions function in the Mississippi Lime play where speakers will offer critical commercial solutions on the following areas:
- CHERT MAPPING: Detailing the location of chert concentrated areas and the expectant results and effects the differing areas will have on drilling and completion techniques
- MATRIX VS FRACTURES: Identifying whether the natural fracture or matrix porosity provides greatest production to determine which completion technique to utilize
- FRAC DESIGN: Establishing how costs can be saved without reducing production rates at each stage of the frac design
- SWEET SPOTS: Determining the oil/water ratio present in different Mississippi Lime regions to identify current and future sweet spots within the play
- DRILLING CHERT STRATEGY: Establishing the most effective techniques for drilling chert to keep cost and drilling times to a minimum
- BIT OPTIMIZATION: Pinpointing the optimal drill bit selection in different zones of the Mississippi Lime