Shale Gas Environmental Summit
WhenOct 26, 2015 08:30 AM to
Oct 27, 2015 06:30 PM
SMi Group is delighted to present their 6th annual Shale Gas Environmental Summit, taking place in London, UK, on 26th-27th October, 2015.
The shale gas industry is an expanding field and could be a major industry providing thousands of jobs and growth for Britain and countries across Europe. Industry leaders and the government are all keen for this industry to begin in Britain - with oil and gas companies currently in application processes, however this industry is also highly controversial due to environmental and health concerns.
This conference will provide a balanced view of all sides of the debate surrounding the highly topical issue of shale gas. Speakers will range from the political and regulatory to land owners and NGOs and campaigners. This unique conference will also discuss the fledgling industry in Europe and will take a look at current EU regulations on shale gas.
Please visit event page for more information: www.shalegassummit.co.uk/gasandoil.
- Gain a balanced insight and understanding of the science behind the environmental debate on shale gas
- Assess the risks shale gas poses to health and human rights
- Learn about the landscape of the shale gas industry and gain insight into the regulatory developments in Europe and Britain
- Analyse the difficulties surrounding planning applications
- Debate the possibility of earthquakes and contaminated water
- Discuss how waste water can best be appropriately disposed of
KEY SPEAKERS AND EXPERTS INCLUDE:
- Julian O'Halloran, Journalist, BBC
- Professor Nigel Brandon, BG Chair in Sustainable Gas, Imperial College London & Panel Member, Task Force on Shale Gas
- Mike Holgate, Associate, Aquateria Ltd
- Tim Yeo, Chair of Energy and Climate Change Committee, House of Commons
- Dr. Jonathan Scurlock, Chief Advisor, Renewable Energy and Climate Change, National Farmer's Union