Apache sees Egypt's North Qarun Field extended

Jul 29, 1997 02:00 AM

July 16, 1997 Apache Corp has completed the North Qarun 4-X step-out oil producer, extending the limits of North Qarun field in Egypt's Western Desert. Results of this well, combined with 3-D seismic and additional geologic interpretations, indicate the North Qarun field may be larger than previously estimated. The company said it plans to drill additional appraisal wells to further define the field and also will drill an exploratory well to the north to test a look-alike structure.
The 75 % owned field, formerly the Qarun ``B'' field, is one of three Apache oil fields on the northern part of the Qarun Concession. Seagull Energy Corp (SGO) has the remaining 25 % interest.
The 4-X well is flowing into pipeline at the rate of 1,950 bpd of 39-degree gravity crude oil through a 36/64-inch choke with a flowing tubing pressure of 320 psi. It is producing from 142 feet of pay in the Lower Bahariya formation perforated at about 8,700 feet. Apache said this is the thickest pay section encountered to date in North Qarun field.
The new producer brings to 25 the number of oil wells that Apache has completed of 28 wells drilled in the three-field Qarun area since 1995. Production from a fourth Qarun field located on the southern part of the concession, the Wadi El Rayan, will be trucked to market. The company said it has 13 drilling rigs running in the Western Desert, including 6 on the Qarun Concession, and expects to drill a total of 62 wells in Egypt during 1997. Two-thirds of these wells are exploratory.

Source: not available
Alexander's Commentary

Change of face - change of phase

In the period of July 20 till August 3, 2015, Alexander will be out of the office and the site will not or only irreg

read more ...
« October 2020 »
October
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Register to announce Your Event

View All Events