Husky and Esso win stake in Greenland acreage

Oct 12, 2007 02:00 AM

Mr John C.S. Lau, President and Chief Executive Officer of Husky Energy, announced that Husky Oil Operations and Esso Exploration Greenland have been awarded a joint interest in an exploration licence from the West Disko 2006 Licensing Round, offshore Greenland by the Greenland Home Rule Government and the Danish Government.
Husky and Esso each have a 43.75 % interest in West Disko Block 6 (2007/27), which covers an area of 13,213 sq km and is located approximately 30 km offshore the west coast of Disko Island.

Esso will act as operator of this block. Nunaoil, Greenland's national oil company, holds the remaining 12.5 % interest.
In June 2007, Husky was awarded two exploration licences covering an area of 21,067 sq km that border on Licence 2007/27. Husky holds an 87.5 % interest in licences 2007/22 and 2007/24 and will act as operator over these blocks. Nunaoil holds the remaining 12.5 % interest in each licence.

Source / Husky Energy
Alexander's Commentary

Change of face - change of phase

In the period of July 20 till August 3, 2015, Alexander will be out of the office and the site will not or only irreg

read more ...
« February 2020 »
February
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29

Register to announce Your Event

View All Events