E.ON Ruhrgas produces its first gas from UK's Rita field

Mar 20, 2009 01:00 AM

German utility major E.ON Ruhrgas started its first gas production from the UK's Rita field, the company said.
"The development of the Rita field is a landmark for E.ON Ruhrgas in the UK and forms a key part of our growth strategy, leveraging our operating capability," said Bernhard Reutersberger, E.ON Ruhrgas's CEO.

The Rita field is located in the UK Southern Gas Basin in Blocks 44/21b and 44/22c, the company said. E.ON Ruhrgas UK operates the field and has a 74 % equity share. GdF Suez E&P UK holds the remaining 26 %.
"Rita represents a resounding technical achievement, being the first dual lateral well drilled in a Carboniferous reservoir in the Southern Basin," said Martin Cole, managing director of E.ON Ruhrgas UK.

Development approval for the Rita gas field was granted in early 2009. It has been developed as a sub-sea development and is linked to the E.ON Ruhrgas operated Hunter field via a 14 km pipeline, the company said.
The gas then is exported via the CMS infrastructure to the Theddlethorpe gas terminal on the UK's east coast, from where it is supplied to the UK market, E.ON Ruhrgas said.

E.ON Ruhrgas has gas production in Norway and the UK, which it plans to increase further through ongoing field developments.
The company is also expanding into North and West Africa in order to secure gas and LNG supplies to European markets, it said. In 2008 and 2009 E.ON Ruhrgas acquired exploration licenses in Algeria and Egypt.

Alexander's Commentary

Change of face - change of phase

In the period of July 20 till August 3, 2015, Alexander will be out of the office and the site will not or only irreg

read more ...
« July 2020 »
July
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Register to announce Your Event

View All Events