New oil find in Egypt’s Gulf of Suez

Jan 22, 2012 12:00 AM

Kuwait Energy announced a new oil discovery in Egypt's Ahmad-1X well, located in the Gulf of Suez's Area A concession.
The company's press release said, "the newly discovered Ahmad-1X well was drilled to 2,110 meters depth. The initial test recorded a flow rate of 890 boepd from the Kareem formation level."

This discovery brings the total number of oil, gas, and condensate discoveries made by Kuwait Energy in Egypt, since 2008, to 14 discoveries, three of which were made in Area A.
Kuwait Energy is the lone operator of Area A and holds a 70 % working interest. Omani independent Petrogas EP holds the remaining 30 % share.

Kuwait Energy Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Sara Akbar, said, "This is a further contribution to the productive capacity of the Egyptian energy sector and we are glad to play a part in this success." Akbar added the company would continue testing and developing in the area, which is believed to hold great promise still.
Egyptian operations contribute the largest share to Kuwait Energy's working interest production, comprising 17,700 boe by the end of 2011.

Kuwait Energy is the operator of three blocks in Egypt, namely the Area A, Burg El Arab development, lease and the Abu Sennan concession.
It also has interests in two other non-operated blocks: Mesaha concession and the East Ras Qattara development lease.

Market Research

The International Affairs Institute (IAI) and OCP Policy Center recently launched a new book: The Future of Natural Gas. Markets and Geopolitics.

Cover_242-width

The book is an in-depth analysis of some of the fastest moving gas markets, attempting to define the trends of a resource that will have a decisive role in shaping the global economy and modelling the geopolitical dynamics in the next decades.

Some of the top scholars in the energy sector have contributed to this volume such as Gonzalo Escribano, Director Energy and Climate Change Programme, Elcano Royal Institute, Madrid, Coby van der Linde, Director Clingendael International Energy Programme, The Hague and Houda Ben Jannet Allal, General Director Observatoire Méditerranéen de l’Energie (OME), Paris.

For only €32.50 you have your own copy of The Future of Natural Gas. Markets and Geopolitics. Click here to order now!


 

Upcoming Conferences
« April 2019 »
April
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

Register to announce Your Event

View All Events