Shell's China gas output up 25% in 2013

Mar 14, 2014 12:00 AM

Shell's gas production in China in 2013 stood at 164,000 mm cf/d, up 25.2% from the output recorded in 2012, Platts reported citing company’s annual report.

Output was, however, still lower than in previous years -- 174,000 mm cf/d in 2011 and 253,000 mm cf/d in 2010.

All of Shell's current gas production comes from the Changbei tight gas onshore field in the northern Shaanxi province.

Shell has an operating interest of 49%, while state-owned China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC) owns the remaining 51%. The field started commercial production in March 2007 and has an annual production capacity of 3.3 billion cubic meters (319,151 mm cf/d).

Last year Shell said it was embarking on the second phase of development and this is expected to increase output from as early as the end of this year, said Platts.

Market Research

The International Affairs Institute (IAI) and OCP Policy Center recently launched a new book: The Future of Natural Gas. Markets and Geopolitics.

Cover_242-width

The book is an in-depth analysis of some of the fastest moving gas markets, attempting to define the trends of a resource that will have a decisive role in shaping the global economy and modelling the geopolitical dynamics in the next decades.

Some of the top scholars in the energy sector have contributed to this volume such as Gonzalo Escribano, Director Energy and Climate Change Programme, Elcano Royal Institute, Madrid, Coby van der Linde, Director Clingendael International Energy Programme, The Hague and Houda Ben Jannet Allal, General Director Observatoire Méditerranéen de l’Energie (OME), Paris.

For only €32.50 you have your own copy of The Future of Natural Gas. Markets and Geopolitics. Click here to order now!


 

Upcoming Conferences
« April 2019 »
April
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

Register to announce Your Event

View All Events