Seagull finds gas in Texas Gulf

Jan 22, 1997 01:00 AM

Seagull Energy Corporation has announced a natural gas discovery at the High Island 9-L No. 1 well in Texas state waters offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. Seagull and its partner encountered 55 feet of productive sands that tested 4.4 million cubic feet of gas and 883 barrels of condensate per day through a 12/64-inch choke with a flowing tubing pressure of 7,324 pounds per square inch. The new discovery will be connected to a Seagull-operated production complex nearby and should be flowing gas to markets within four months. Initial production rates are expected to be higher than those recorded on the short flow test. Additional drilling will be evaluated after production is monitored for a period of time. Seagull Energy's exploration and production subsidiary holds a 60 % interest and is operator of the new discovery. The remaining 40 % interest is held by Apache Corporation.
Houston-based Seagull is an international oil and gas company engaged in exploration and development in the United States, Egypt, Canada, Cote d'Ivoire, Indonesia and the Russian Republic of Tatarstan. It also transports, distributes and markets natural gas, liquids products and petrochemicals in the United States and Canada.

Source: not available
Market Research

The International Affairs Institute (IAI) and OCP Policy Center recently launched a new book: The Future of Natural Gas. Markets and Geopolitics.


The book is an in-depth analysis of some of the fastest moving gas markets, attempting to define the trends of a resource that will have a decisive role in shaping the global economy and modelling the geopolitical dynamics in the next decades.

Some of the top scholars in the energy sector have contributed to this volume such as Gonzalo Escribano, Director Energy and Climate Change Programme, Elcano Royal Institute, Madrid, Coby van der Linde, Director Clingendael International Energy Programme, The Hague and Houda Ben Jannet Allal, General Director Observatoire Méditerranéen de l’Energie (OME), Paris.

For only €32.50 you have your own copy of The Future of Natural Gas. Markets and Geopolitics. Click here to order now!


Upcoming Conferences
« April 2018 »
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Register to announce Your Event

View All Events