Premier Oil is Delek Energy's new partner in Vietnam prospect

Sep 07, 2004 02:00 AM

Delek Vietnam, a subsidiary of Delek Energy Systems and the Delek Group, owned by Yitzhak Tshuva, unveiled the identity of its new oil exploration partner in Vietnam: British company Premier Oil.
In May of this year, Delek Energy announced that its main partner in Vietnam, Samedan Oil Corporation, which is also its partner for natural gas exploration in Israel, was expected to sell its share in the Vietnamese project to a foreign company. At the time, Delek Energy did not identify the new partner.

Delek Energy also announced that the Vietnamese government had given Premier Oil permission to buy the rights held by Samedan Oil, which had had a 75 % stake in the project. Delek Energy owns the remaining 25 %.
To date, neither oil nor gas has been discovered at the Vietnamese prospect managed by Samedan and Delek.

Source: Globes
Market Research

The International Affairs Institute (IAI) and OCP Policy Center recently launched a new book: The Future of Natural Gas. Markets and Geopolitics.

Cover_242-width

The book is an in-depth analysis of some of the fastest moving gas markets, attempting to define the trends of a resource that will have a decisive role in shaping the global economy and modelling the geopolitical dynamics in the next decades.

Some of the top scholars in the energy sector have contributed to this volume such as Gonzalo Escribano, Director Energy and Climate Change Programme, Elcano Royal Institute, Madrid, Coby van der Linde, Director Clingendael International Energy Programme, The Hague and Houda Ben Jannet Allal, General Director Observatoire Méditerranéen de l’Energie (OME), Paris.

For only €32.50 you have your own copy of The Future of Natural Gas. Markets and Geopolitics. Click here to order now!


 

Upcoming Conferences
« December 2016 »
December
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Register to announce Your Event

View All Events